Controversial projects in Hollywood and the San Fernando Valley have sparked public discussion on how and where to build housing near transit. The California State Senate has added its voice to the conversation by proposing legislation that would override local control over some aspects of this process. “LA on Board? Transit and Housing Intersections” brings together a group of speakers who represent a range of perspectives on this timely topic.
Moderator: Alissa Walker, Curbed LA
- Denny Zane, Executive Director, Move LA
- Mott Smith, Co-Founder, Civic Enterprises Development
- Tunua Thrash-Ntuk, Executive Director, LA Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Dick Platkin, Board of Directors, Beverly Wilshire Homeowners Association
- Christopher Hawthorne, Chief Design Officer, City of Los Angeles